After 21 Years, Google Homepage is getting a facelift.To help its users gather information about unfolding natural, man-made or humanitarian disasters, Google has added SOS Alerts to its search results and maps tools.
According to a Google post:
- According to a Google post on Tuesday.
- People can get access to critical information and resources from local authorities.
- First responders, and will shown news articles.
- In addition, emergency telephone numbers and other useful information in a single place.
- Google said,during a crisis, people need real-time information.
- Whether they’re experiencing an issue on the ground.
- Or trying to understand the situation from a far.
- In addition, we want our products to give people quick access to important information.
- Such as what is going on and where it is happening.
- To help them stay safe and informed.
- When SOS Alert is activated.
- Google maps tool suggests which areas should be avoided.
- In addition, the roads that have closed and places where people can seek refuge in.
According to a report:
- According to a report.
- Data gathered from the firm’s crowdsourced Waze mapping platform also makes it possible to see where traffic jams.
- In addition, accidents and other problems have reported by the public.
- The report said,the level of detail shown within the search tool depends on whether the person carrying out the query is close to the incident.
- If nearby, they are presented with links to official alerts, tweets from first responders and useful short phrases in the local language.
- Google has collaborated with several government bodies.
- The Red Cross and other organizations.
- To help provide SOS Alerts in 12 countries, including the US, Japan, Philippines, Australia and Canada.
- Google’s Public Alerts complement SOS Alerts.
- By helping the local and public authorities communicate emergency messages.
- Specifically related to official weather, public safety and earthquake alerts.
- According to reports, Google has set up a team to decide which events warranted an SOS Alert.
- But it is yet to be known how many people have been entrusted the job.
UTTAR PRADESH NEWS की अन्य न्यूज पढऩे के लिए Facebook और Twitter पर फॉलो करें