Worried about losing your hair? Take heart from a study that claims that bald men are perceived as more attractive, confident, and dominant.
Read also:Men with wider face more likely to cheat
- Choosing to dispense with one’s hair is arguably a form of nonverbal behaviour.
- It is a form of expression which communicates information about the self otherwise difficult to observe, Researchers said.
- The researchers also suggested that bald men might be more elusive than those with typical mops.
Read also:Know the Reason behind your Hairfall
- For the study, the team gave three major tests to college students, both men and women.
- In addition,asking them to rate images of men according to attractiveness, confidence and dominance.
- The first study, men with shaved heads were rated as more dominant than similar men with full heads of hair.
- In the second study, men whose hair was digitally removed were perceived as more dominant, taller, and stronger than their authentic selves.
- This effect was due to a large degree by their higher perceived confidence and masculinity, the researchers noted.
- The third study extended these results with nonphotographic stimuli.
- And demonstrates how men experiencing natural hair loss may improve their interpersonal standing by shaving.
- Thus, instead of spending billions each year trying to reverse or cure their hair loss.
- The counterintuitive prescription of this research to men experiencing male pattern baldness is to shave their heads, the researchers emphasised.
Read also:Know the Benefits of Fasting
Doing so will increase their interpersonal standing on a host of dominance-related traits, including their potential for leadership, they said.