Actress Taapsee Pannu unveils the “The Common Woman” character here in Mumbai and said she is proud common woman.
To keep up the legacy of ‘The Common Man’, the iconic creation of R K Laxman, his grand-daughter has come out with new cartoon characters, ‘New Common Man’ and ‘The Common Woman’.
Unveiling of character:
- Actress Taapsee Pannnu unveiled the character here in Mumbai.
- “I am a Proud Common Woman myself and if there is anything one common woman can do for
- lot of common women’s and just like Rimanika, I think I’ll be more than happy to be doing a lot more than just this.
- I think Today is the part of history of my own life” said Taapsee Pannu.
- RK Laxman’s creation ‘The Common Man’ depicted the thought process of an ordinary man about life and everything.
- The Common Woman presents the same of regular woman.
- Furthermore, the actress Taapsee Pannu said she didn’t had to think twice before coming on board.
- “I didn’t have to think twice, when I was asked to unveil common woman.
- I was actually thinking; is it right what I am thinking that it’s going to happen?
- First of all it is legendary to be part of any initiative in the same genre what RK Laxman started.
- Something which can depict how a common woman feels that is very overwhelming” added Taapsee.
- Taapsee Pannu also shared a little insight about her life, which includes being a “wedding planner” apart from being an actress.
- “Apart from acting, which is a big business of-course I’ve my own wedding planning company.
- That way, I am a small start-up business woman as well” adds Taapsee Pannu.
- On work front, Taapsee Pannu is all set to rock the screen with Varun Dhawan in upcoming Judwaa 2.
- The movie also stars Jacqueline Fernandez and is produced by Sajid Nadiadwala.
- It is currently slated for 29th September 2017.