Akshay Kumar who is known for making social films is gearing up for upcoming film, ‘Toilet-Ek Prem Katha’ and his next film ‘Padman’ directed by R. Balki, he spoke about the root of his inspiration he said, ‘I am surrounded by women and I get my inspiration from them.’ at a press-meet on Thursday.
“Padma speaks about sanitary pads”
- Akshay when asked about his new film Padman and where he found inspiration for it, he said, “At my home, I stay with my Wife, my sister, my mother in law, my daughter and my wife’s grandmother.
- We all live together.
Also read:“Toilet..” slammed in Jaipur court !
- I am surrounded by women and I get my inspiration from them.”
- He further added, “They keep talking about it.
- Even a film like Padman, which speaks about sanitary pads, which is a huge taboo subject.
- It’s very sad that 90% of women in India don’t use pads because they cannot afford it.
- They tell me such stories and it just opens all the gates for inspiration.”
- When asked about the possibility of the film Toilet-Ek Prem Katha being tax-free, Akshay said,
- “We have filed the documents necessary to request for tax exemption.
- Viacom has submitted the form for it. We have requested for the film to be tax-free, but we haven’t received any word yet.”
- Bhumi Pednakar was asked about the reason was choose content driven film with heavy messages, to which she said,
- “I feel I am extremely lucky, it’s very rare to get the chance to be part of such inspiring films.
- From a very young age, we were taught our social responsibility towards our society and country.”
- Toilet Ek Prem Katha directed by Shree Narayan Singh is co-produced by Akshay Kumar and Neeraj Pandey.
- The film starring Akshay Kumar and Bhumi Pednekar is a comedy film and a governmental campaign to improve the sanitation conditions in India.
- In addition it will be released on 11th August 2017.