A combination of intense workout, which has become a daily trend for many men, along with consumption of steroids is becoming a rising cause of infertility, according to experts.Read also:Simple fitness tips for monsoon: Don’t let your fit mode dry out
What experts say?
- Long-term exhaustive exercises decreases sperm count and one'spotential for reproduction, said experts.
- Another factor contributing to infertility was the consumption of steroids for body building.
- In addition, which was causing zoospermia - a condition in which sperm does not generate in semen.
- Recent studies have said some 1% of the Indian males is affected byzoospermia.
According to a Researcher:
- In males, heavy training sessions can reduce the sperm count in thebody that is directly related to the fertility of a man.
- There are many who have following long-term training sessions in order to maintain the body.
- If one is into exhaustive training sessions, there are chances thatthey might have less sperm count.
- As compared to a man who has been following normal trainingsessions.
- An expert, who previously worked with the AIIMS, said though heavyworkout causes infertility problems in the long run.
- Furthermore, what is of immediate concern was consumption ofsteroids without medical advice.