An outgoing councilor, Ranjit Singh, has started a unique campaign in Lucknow. He has undertaken the cleaning of the idols of Ganesh Lakshmi, which has been kept anywhere and kept under the tree or in the intersections. Its a unique campaign started by him in year 2012. His team have so far dispersed more than 10 Lakh statues.
Why did he started?
- Ranjit Singh told us that “Murti Uthao Abhiyan” was started in 2012.
- He started this because he had seen many idols of Ganesh Lakshmi, which has been kept anywhere.
- And kept under the tree or in the intersections.
- He wants people to respect the idols and honour the religion.
- He is also giving a message for ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan’.
Read also:Realtooth : Smile like a Boss
What is the procedure of this campaign?
- Ranjit Singh said,we collect God statues from everywhere.
- However,now people are aware about us they call us and inform about statues.
- We have done many announcements related to our campaign.
- We do Geo-immersion of God statues.
- This unique Campaign has many effects.
- People were not aware what to do with God statues.
- In addition,they leave the statues anywhere.
- Its a dishonour of religion.
- But now people are much aware about the procedure of this unique campaign.
- By this campaign,more than 10 lakh God statues are Geo-immersion.
Now what is he doing?
- He has undertaken the cleaning of the idols of Ganesh Lakshmi after the Diwali.
- Ranjeet Singh and his team have been engaged in this campaign for the last four days.
- Its 15 days campaign for cleaning of the statues found anywhere.
- They have so far dispersed more than 10 thousand statues.
- They landed these statues on the Gomti coast of Jhule Lal Park near Hanuman Setu.