The First Ever talk show exclusively raising a concern towards the state of animals in the city and arriving at workable solutions for the betterment of animals and society at large was conducted at Lucknow which was graced by Mrs. Menaka Gandhi .
Kokuyo Camlin presented “Lets’s Talk.. for the voices unheard”, a talk show for animals and animal related issues at Indra Gandhi Pratishthan ( Mars Auditorium) on Saturday.
This Talk Show was initiated by Connect Lucknow and Envisage Communique Private Limited, which in addition turned out be a successful one as the cause touched the right chords with the city.
Spreading Voice of the voiceless:
- The talk show discussed the need to understand and deeply look at our relationship with other species as reflected by existing and emerging policies and practices.
- Furthermore the talk show was initiated with the intention to surface and
- channelize alternates and solutions towards animal related issues of national and international relevance.
- Awareness, Empathy, sympathy, compassion, sensitivity , vegetarianism balance of nature,
- perceptions and attitudes towards animal , importance of adoption, animal related government policies, rights and duties of animal lovers/
- pet owners, etc were some of the aspects that were discussed in order to highlight the human society’s need to co exist with the other.
- The Activity aimed at bringing like minded people together , to trigger the
- responsibility quotient in one and all towards our animals and subsequently our environment.
Delegates graced the talk show And supported the cause:
- As the chief guest of the event , Mrs. Menaka Gandhi (Union Cabinet Minister for Women and Child Development)
- grazed the talk show and extended her support to the cause.
- Furthermore, Yogi Ashwini ( The guiding Light of Dhyan foundation) lead
- his support and blessings towards the cause and was present as the special Guest Of Honor at the Talk show.
- Let’s Talk had a discreet line up of worthy speakers from all walks of life, who came forward to express their views on the subject,
- hoping to strengthen the voice of animals and to bring about a positive change in animal welfare initiatives and programs.
Some of them were:
- Mr. Keshav Verma (World Bank’s program director for global toger initiative)
- Mr. Ram Lakhan Singh ( Chief Wildlife warden/ Principal chief conservative)
- Ms. Sunita Aron (Senior resident editor , Hindustan Times)
- Mr. Gaurav Mehrotra (Advocate)
- Ms.Jai Madaan (Astrologer)
- Mr. Gaurav Chopra ( Actor)
- Mr. Veda Krishnamurti (Cricketer , Indian Women Cricket Team)
Watch Gaurav Praksh Talk about the show : https://youtu.be/tl1KOtuj9S0
Kids presented their views through drawings:
- PFA and Dhyan Foundation, were constant supportive pillars to the initiative
- and have left no stone unturned to assimilate their experience, thoughts and vision into actionable ideas for the betterment of animals.
- Kokuyo Camlin came forward to support the cause as the presenting sponsor .
- Camlin conducted a large scale draining competition across the schools in the city to activate and sensitize the young minds towards animals.
- Furthermore, a similar drawing competition was organised at the venue in
- which students from various institutes and Ummid NGO participated and presented their views through colorful drawings.
Watch the kids participate at the event: https://youtu.be/7yBTei11ZA0
Side events also organised:
- Other Activities conducted during the talk show were Wildlife Photography Exhibition by Mr. Ambika Mishra,
- Thematic Drawing Competition Competition, Adoption CAmp, Grafiti and Students Band.
- Lucknow Development Authority generously extended their support towards the activity and the cause.
- In addition, Hyatt Regency , Lucknow came forward as the hospitality partner facilitating the talk show in a huge way.
- The team was also grateful to Jackson, Goldiee Masale, Radio Mirchi, Taana Baana , Speed Volvo for being the part of the initiative.