In order to give a push to government’s ‘Digital India’ campaign, Lucknow Metro provides free Wi-Fi to its ‘GoSmart’ card users at all its operational Metro stations. The service will be accessible for the GoSmart card holders who enroll their card on Lucknow Metro’s site.
Also read:LMRC thanks its commuters for their support in keeping metro clean !
Use the Facility by following few steps:
- This free Wi-Fi service can be availed upon registering the GoSmart card at www.lmrcl.com.
- The passenger will have to provide basic information like Name, Mobile Number, Occupation and E-mail ID while registering the card.
- After registering the card, the commuters will have to tap the GoSmart card on the marked card readers in the paid area of the Station.
- Upon tapping the card at the card readers, the passenger will receive a One-Time-Password (OTP) on their registered mobile number.
- This OTP can be used to sign in to the free Wi-Fi network.
- Furthermore,the free internet facility (free Wi-Fi) can be used in the paid area of the stations
- i.e. at the concourse level and at the platform level of the station.
- This free service will be available for 30 minutes session initially.
- Free Wi-Fi means free internet usage through mobile, laptop, tablet etc. and implies saving money to the common people.
- Those who need internet connectivity but can’t afford will be at advantage in the Metro system by using the free Wi-Fi.
Most beneficial for students:
- Students and youth can benefit largely from Free Wi-Fi.
- They can refer to e-books and online learning methods while travelling.
- With advent of several online shopping sites and a surge in online booking of trains, flights, movie tickets etc.,
- This advantage can be used at maximum by the Metro travelers.
- For providing this facility to all ‘GoSmart’ users, Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) has tied up with M/s Sikka Broadband Pvt Ltd.
- Furthermore, Sikka Broadband Pvt Ltd. (formerly known as Gomti Cables Network) is a
- Government of India licensed ISP (Internet Service Provider) and is
- already providing a host of Internet services to the citizen of Uttar Pradesh.
- Shri Kumar Keshav, Managing Director/LMRC said
- “GoSmart cards provide an excellent facility of free W-Fi at Metro stations in addition to 10% discount on each journey.”
- He, therefore, requested Metro commuters to purchase and use GoSmart
- cards more and more for saving their time and ease in commuting frequently.
- Shri Tony Sikka, Managing Director, M/s Sikka Broadband Pvt Ltd. also expressed his happiness and said
- “We are delighted to be associated with Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) in this digital campaign of the government”.