On 7th October Lucknow Daan Utsav was celebrated by Volunteers in Lucknow with GITI Aliganj by providing counselling for skilling for livelihood creation.
The organisations that mobilized youth between 18 and 35 years old include Sanatkada, Indus Action and Yeh Ek Soch (YES) Foundation.
Activities Conducted on Day 6:
- The program aimed to give the opportunity to youth from different rural
- backgrounds and from urban slums and look forward to their joining the vocational training programs once their counselling is done.
- The youth attended a counselling session informing them about the
- different programs followed by a confidence building and public speaking interaction session.
- GITI Principal said,” Our motive is to train youth for sustainable
- livelihoods and we are delighted that Daan Utsav is an opportunity for us to talk about how everyone can be self reliant”
- Raymond Sewing center head averred, “ The Raymond Tailoring Initiative holds the vision of imparting training skills to the unemployed,
- underprivileged youth as well as the existing tailoring community, by upgrading their current skill set and encouraging employment &
- entrepreneurship to upgrade their product in terms of finish and style, earn more revenue thereby improve their status in the society.
- Women and modern youth are our major target audience.
- We want to bring in a sense of empowerment among them by helping them grab better employment opportunities and encourage entrepreneur ventures.”
- Furthermore, Lucknow Volunteers organizing the initiative include students
- Akanksha Chauhan who spearheaded the initiative with Entrepreneur Jyotsna Kaur Habibullah and others.
- In addition, centenarian Begum Hamida Habibullah, ex MP, an iconic face
- of Indian womanhood came to encourage the youth to come to the center learn skills and be self reliant.
- She told them that hard work and self-discipline are the keys to success and she has lived by this maxim her whole life.
- Furthermore, refreshments were sponsored by Mr Brown Bakery, a successful
- entrepreneurial venture of Lucknow, showcasing that success can be born from a single idea.