Trauma center of Lucknow’s King George Medical College witnessed fire breakout on 15th July . The fire break out created an atmosphere of confusion in the center and led to death of 6 people. Adding up to which CM Yogi Adityanath visited trauma center on Sunday,16th July. During his visit, CM Yogi Adityanath met patients and also demanded complete information on the incident.
Trauma center’s fire extinguishers in poor condition (yogi reaches trauma center):
- Trauma center of Lucknow’s King George Medical college caught fire due to unknown reasons. The The fire break out caused confusion among the patients.
- Patients along with their guardians on the 1st floor rushed out as soon as they saw fire .
- The hospital staff tried to take control over fire but all the fire extinguishing equipments failed that
Patients along with their guardians rushed out (yogi reaches trauma center):
- After witnessing fire and smoke ,patients and their guardians in general and private wards on that floor rushed out.
- During the course, all the staff present in wards also rushed to save their lives.
- The patients laid on the road outside the hospital in order to protect themselves from fire.
- On the other hand, few patients were kept in Asylum and lories.
- The incident blocked Shahmina shah road .
- Due to the incident, Police divertered the traffic to reduce chaos.
- M Koshal Raj,SSP Deepak Kumar,V.C of KGMU and Cabinet Minister Brijesh Pathak marked their presence as soon as the fire break out was reported.
- CMS of King George Medical University ,Dr. SN Shankar stated that the incident took place due to short circuit.
- Along with fire fighters and police , a team of resident doctors were indulged in rescue mission till late night.
- CM Yogi Adirtynath has given orders to investigate the complete incident within 3 days.
- In addition, CM has also oreded to take strict actions against officials for their negligence.