Daan Utsav (earlier known as the joy of giving week), which all of India celebrates from the 2nd to 8th October every year, started this Monday morning. In this one week people across the country come together to celebrate the ‘joy of giving’.
The speciality of this event is that is is not run by any individual organisation, but is a volunteer-ry organised event. That means, there are no divisions of boss and employee , but a group of volunteers working together in order to spread happiness across the country.
Furthermore,people of all castes, creed, social background ,economical backgrounds and gender come together to bring up a smile.In addition, it is not only done in rural but also in Urban India.Various events are organised during The Daan Utsav in which anyone can participate and spread the joy of giving.
Meet the team:
- The panel consisted of most eminent personalities of the city including
- Begum Hamida Habibullah, ex MP and activist, Professor Roop Rekha Verma, eminent academician,
- Vasini Sharma, Sheroes cafe, Anshumali Sharma, director of the Childline Lucknow, NSS ,
- Rahul Agarwal, founder Swatantra Talim, Jyotsna Kaur Habibullah, Entrepreneur and Philanthropist.
- The panel members shared their views and opinions about the 1 week long
- Daan utsav and are looking forward for more and more participation from public.
- A quick experience-sharing session was also conducted in which few of Daan Utsav volunteers spoke about their experience with Daan Utsav.
- These volunteers were Vani Juneja, founder of Team with a Dream NGO,
- Anushree Chaturvedi, founder of LIVE, Vasudev, De Haath society and Urooj Khan, journalist, Times of India.
[nextpage title=”Continue reading about Daan Utsav” ]continue reading[/nextpage]
Core plan for this year’s Utsav:
- This year Lucknow and Kanpur volunteers have collaborated to put up an amazing show in their cities.
- Furthermore, this is done by coordinating around 60 events across different verticals.
- From events like “Art of Giving” which have directly or indirectly brought
- the entire city together to collect used clothes and footwear which will
- then be distributed amongst the people of different slums and villages in and near Lucknow.
- They also have other events in which many schools from Lucknow such as
- My School, Kangaroo kids, Modern Academy, Jaipuria, Study Hall and Versatile Scholars
- will together participate by not only donating crayons and drawing books but also giving places in their school to hold the events.
- “Seva Mela” will be held in 7 days in 7 villages which will be organized across the entire Daan Utsav week.
- The activities which will be held in these mela’s will be:
- storytelling, theater, motivational speeches, and medical camps, awareness drives about hygiene, safety and health.
- The city will witness an event called “Achieve together” in which children from different villages and slums
- will come together to learn new skills such as classical dancing, art and craft and many more and will later present these skills on stage.
- Furthermore, this year they will also be using the concept of “Wish trees” through which they are putting up some wish trees in different location.
- These “Wish trees” will have cards on them and anybody can use a card and donate anything they want by just writing their name and number on the card.
- In addition,medical camps will also be conducted in each of the events
- held in the slums in Lucknow and are also creating awareness about HIV and Cancer.
[nextpage title=”see pictures:” ]see pictures[/nextpage]
Support by organisations:
To make this event successful and colorful, many organizations have worked very hard. Uttarpradesh.org , with its full support , will be the digital media partner of the 6 day long event and will be bringing the latest updates to public. Other organizations supporting the Daan Utsav are :
- Project Khel
- Yes Foundation
- Team with a Dream
- FICCI FLO
- Real Tooth
- My School
- Modern Academy
- Study Hall
- Kangaroo kids preschool
- Jaipuria Institute,
- UPNP plus,
- Swatantra Talim,
- Phrithvi Innovations,
- Happy Tales,
- Jago re Jago,
- Make my Day,
- Indus Action,
- Amity University,
- Clat Possible,
- Shalini memorial Sewa Sansthan,
- De Haath Society,
- Robin Hood Army,
- Axis Bank,
- Clarks Awadh,
- Inner wheel circle Prena and Gomti,
- Rohit Chaat,
- Eeshwar child welfare foundation,
- Awadh mango growers Association, Play max,
- Muttakipur primary school,
- Lucknow chefs Association,
- Habibullah Estate,
- Chiffon Bakers,
- Clock o Clock and many more.