The oil derived from sandalwood (chandan) trees has a number of benefits. From opening clogged pores, to being a tan removing agent, the ingredient is widely used in the production of perfumes, powders, facial creams and masks.
Read also:Warning: These 7 habits are ruining your beauty!
Some benefits listed by experts:
- Amit Sarda, Managing Director, Soulflower and beauty experts at Biotique, have listed the benefits of sandalwood.
- Sandalwood naturally contains aromatherapy effects and the extracted oil has anti-bacterial properties.
- The oil benefits skin as well as hair.
- Sandalwood as an ingredient in soap helps in exfoliating dirt-impurities and clogged pores.
- In addition, it brightens complexion, lightens fine lines and rejuvenates skin cells for a soft and glowing skin.
- Sandalwood’s distinctive soft, smooth and creamy scent, gives the soap a similar texture and which makes the skin smooth, soft and supple.
- Sandalwood in massage oils works great for easing stress.
- It instantly energizes and soothes the body and mind, and works as a great moisturizer.
- It provides antibacterial protection to the skin and helps it become shiny, hydrated, blemish-free and beautiful.
- A few drops of this oil into warm bath tub water can be instantly refreshing. Mixing it with your favourite bath salts to scrub the skin will make a great difference, making it look and feel healthier.
Protects Hair from damage:
- Sandalwood protects the hair from damage and hydrates it from within. When used as a shampoo bar, it should be lathered thoroughly onto hair and scalp with finger tips on dampened hair.
- It should be used twice or thrice a week to make the hair lustrous and bring back the life into them.
- Sandalwood also has anti-tanning properties which help your skin look fresh.
- Bio Sandalwood 50+ SPF sunscreen lotion can protect the skin against probable sunburns.
- Also provide a significant natural defence against UV radiation.