Widely used in the Indian kitchen, turmeric, also called king of spices, is beneficial in many ways. The curcumin in it, a bioactive element present in it, has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. From healing burns and cuts to controlling the process of aging, experts have rated the spice high for its uses.
Uses of turmeric:
- Vishal Bhandari, Founder, at soultree.in.
- In addition, Ragini Mehra, Founder at beautysource.in.
- They both have listed the uses of turmeric.
- Turmeric has been used by generations.
- Because of its antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
- It heals wounds and helps in keeping infections at bay.
- Anti-aging Curcumin, a major component of turmeric.
- It has strong antioxidant properties,that inhibits free radical production.
- Furthermore,controls aging by protecting cells from damage.
- In addition, turmeric also helps stimulate new cell growth.
- Turmeric not only fights pimples and breakouts.
- But its regular use can also clear acne scars and inflammation.
- Turmeric lessens the oil secretion by the sebaceous glands.
- It helps in keeping infections at bay.
- It is a great exfoliator and gives a youthful glow to the skin.
- There are number of face masks that could be prepared at home using turmeric.
Exfoliation Face scrub:
- Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder with water, milk or yoghurt to form a wet paste.
- Gently scrub paste on damp face in circular strokes.
- In addition,rinse with cool water.
- Furthermore,it will gently exfoliate blackheads, soften skin and tighten pores.
Glowing face mask:
- Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon honey and milk to form a wet paste.
- Leave the mask for 10 to 15 minutes and let it dry.
- Rinse with cool water, scrubbing gently to remove.
- It will improve skin texture, diminish wrinkles and even out skin tone.
Hydrating face mask:
- Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder with an egg white, one teaspoon olive oil to form a paste.
- Leave the mask for 10-15 minutes and let it dry.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- It will tighten and tone the skin and give you a glow by locking in moisture.