The image of bikers has gone through a whole rollercoaster ride with their safety gear turning stylish. From leather jackets and patches to a plethora of colours available, experts explain how such accesssories have got a makeover.
One of India’s leading biker communities says that biking gear has become a fashion statement and the number of options for serious bikers has increased too.
Experts lists down the trends in safety gear:
- Patches that are all the rage now, have also found their way on to biking gear, whether it is jackets, pants, gloves, or even boots.
- These can be iron on, pin on, or sew on patches and are available in designs pertaining to a rider’s interest.
- Earlier most of the accessories were only available in sombre and plain black.
- However, as the protective riding gear has gained a fashion cult status there are more colours, designs and shapes available.
- A biker clad in leather pants would give off the vibes of a seasoned professional rider.
- Buy one that looks good with the rest of your accessories and the bike.
- A rider wearing leather boots looks like he means business.
- Consider factors like length, material, colour and design detailing before buying one.
- A good way to style your attire is by going choosing the same brand for all your gear.
- So that there is a natural cohesiveness in the look, and it doesn’t look like a mishmash of uncoordinated pieces.
Read also:Go Trendy: Fashion tricks for men
Experts doles out few trends too:
- There is a great demand today for armours among the riders, as this protective gear has gained the status of a fashion statement.
- Leather jackets with stronger design elements are doing better.
- The riders today are looking at unique designs and aesthetics are almost as important to them as the function.
- Helmets have gone through a design revolution.
- A great variety in design, shape, stickers and artwork has been spoiling the customer for choices these days.