Lucknow experienced its first International Duo Artist Exhibition “Namaste” at Kala strot Aliganj which was inaugurated by Chief Guest Aashrita Das , Principal Lamartiniere Girls college Lucknow.
Painting with lithography and etching techniques:
- Hyon Ju Kim from South Korea studied at Visva – bharti University, shantiniketan India and Dankook University south korea.
- Her paintings were colorful and full of imagination.
- She told us that earlier she use to make paintings with less colors but
- as she started living in India She was mesmerized by the colorful and
- diverse culture of India and then she started painting using different colors and patterns.
- For her paintings she use Water color, ink pen and other pen works.
- Earlier she exhibited her paintings at Australia, korea, Pakistan, france,
- Egypt, Nepal,china etc and this was the second time she is visiting Lucknow.
- The other artist who displayed his work was Damon Kowarsky from Australia,
- where kim’s painting is full of flora and fauna, Damon’s painting had more Architectural side to it.
- He uses the technique called “Etching” And “Lithography” for his paintings which require lots of patience.
- He also won many national and international awards for his excellence in paintings.
- In a series of thought-provoking works, Damon Kowarsky creates the areas of Dubai, Delhi, Udaipur, and Mandu where he visited.
- Both the artists visited Lucknow for the second time, but it’s their First exhibition which they hosted ever till now.
- Apart from many prominent faces , lots of young artists also came there to learn from the exhibition, they just not enjoyed the event but also asked many questions regarding the techniques and patterns.
- Talking about Lucknow both of them found Bara Imambara truly majestic and Residency on the other hand a quite place where they would like to go, sit and paint for hours.
- This exhibition is on at Kala Strot Aliganj till 14th October from 11.00 am to 8.00 Pm