Love ice-cream? Now you can have it for breakfast and feel quite smug about it. According to a recent research, eating ice cream immediately after waking up has shown an increased alertness and mental capacity in people.
Read also:Eating nuts can stave off obesity risk
What a scoop of ice cream can do?
- What long hours of tuition and a large stack of books cannot do for your kid, a scoop of ice cream can do!
- Wonder what? Make them smarter!
- Yes, the sweet and cool treat may give your kids a sugar rush that might make you cringe in horror.
- But it will also make them more alert and increase mental performance.
- In addition,worth the trade, one would say.
According to study:
- A study says eating ice cream right after waking up can be beneficial for the kid.
- Some recorded data showed improved instances of alertness and mental performance in the participants after eating ice cream for breakfast.
- The study is sure to bring a bright ray of sunshine into all kids’ dull and boring breakfast schedules.
- The study compared the brain activity of people who had been fed ice cream immediately after waking up with those who hadn’t.
- Experts found that the participants who had had ice cream for breakfast could respond faster and process information better than those who didn’t.
- On further analysing brain activities, it was found that the people who had ice cream first thing in the morning had an increase in high-frequency alpha waves.
- These high-frequency alpha waves are associated with higher levels of mental alertness and reduced mental irritation.
- The participants underwent another round of test.
- Furthermore,where they were given cold water instead of ice cream immediately after waking up.
- The results from the cold water also showed an increased level of mental alertness and capacity.
- But people who were given the ice cream showed significantly higher mental stimulation.