Indians top ahead of Thailand and Mexico when it comes to using social media while holidaying, says a survey.
According to a Study:
- Indians love to be connected all the time, however, it also means that they do not disconnect from work much.
- Indians are globally most anxious on not being able to access WiFi or internet to check work e-mail (59 per cent).
- In fact they lead in showing a preference for an airline that offers in-flight WiFi (33 per cent).
- Hence, 14 per cent Indians are always working on a vacation, #1 globally, followed by the US (seven per cent) and Brazil (six per cent).
- Social media is emerging as strong driving force in creating vacation happiness with Indians.
- Being number one in always taking selfies (22 per cent), posting photos on social media (22 per cent),.
- In addition,”checking in” on social media (21 per cent) and connecting with others through social media (19 per cent), said the survey.
- The survey included 15,363 respondents, across 17 countries.
- The survey also highlighted that even though Indians are social media obsessed beach-goers.
- In addition,who spend the majority of their time uploading pictures and video.
- 24 per cent of their compatriots find it very annoying, said the statement.