Consumption of tomatoes can not just help maintain a healthy skin, but it can also serve as antioxidant and reduce the risk of developing high blood pressure, say experts.
Read also:Add these face packs to your beauty!
Experts have listed the benefits of tomatoes:
- Tomatoes are great source of vitamin C, vitamin k, iron, folate, potassium and other nutrients.
- In addition,where one medium tomato equals to 22 kcal, 0gm fat, 5 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm dietary fiber, 1 gm protein, 5 gm of sodium.
- Tomatoes contain an antioxidant called Lycopene, which not only imparts red colour.
- But also renders tremendous health benefits like reduction of cholesterol, improving vision and skin improvement.
- Tomatoes can be considered highly beneficial for your skin, face and hair
- As they contain all forms of major carotenoids such as alpha-beta carotene, lutein and lycopene.
- Since tomatoes are considered as an amazing fruit for removing black heads off your face, rub a tomato slice on the affected areas of your skin.
- Repair sunburnt, dull and uneven skin tone by applying a homemade mask of tomato pulp mixed with curd.
- Just apply the mask on your skin and wash it off with cold water after 15 minutes.
- It will repair your skin tone realistically and make it feel refreshing.
- Tomatoes are also a good source for removing acne.
- The vitamin A, C, K and acidic properties of tomatoes help in reducing and clearing up of acne off your face.
- Just apply the pulp on your face and wash it off after 10 minutes to witness the results.
- Including tomatoes daily in your diet can reduce the risk of developing high blood pressure because tomatoes are rich in potassium.
- An adequate amount of potassium in the diet helps reduces water retention hence the puffiness on the face.
- One large tomatoes equals to 431 mg of potassium which is almost 10 per cent of your daily requirement.
- Tomatoes are low in calories, a great source of fibre plus have low Glycaemic index.
- It also contains considerable amount of Alpha – Lipoic acid which is an antioxidant.