Following a traditional diet plan with the right amount of fruits, vegetables, properly prepared grains and mindfully selected sources of poultry and meat, can ensure good health, say experts.
Read also:Add rainbow of salad to your meals!
Nutritionist list some things to keep in mind:
- Eat properly soaked and prepared staple foods.
- Such as cereals (rice, maize, millet, sorghum, wheat and barley).
- In addition,starchy roots (potatoes, sweet potatoes, cassava and yams).
- And starchy fruit (plantains), at least once a day.
- As a source of energy and to provide the body with necessary vitamins and minerals.
- Consume legumes such as beans, peas, lentils, groundnuts (including peanut butter).
- Furthermore,organic and fermented soybeans to develop and repair the body and also to build up strong muscles.
- Eat animal and milk products, preferably grass-fed whenever available, regularly to strengthen muscles and the immune system.
- Eat vegetables and fruit every day.
- They supply the essential vitamins and minerals that keep the body functioning and the immune system strong.
Read also:Right diet during rains!
- Drink sufficient water, at least 10 glasses a day.
- Before all meals, take 7-10 deep slow breaths.
- Take this time to prepare your body for the food you are about to eat.
- And to get your body into parasympathetic mode for optimal digestion and nutrient assimilation.
- All food should be made into liquid before swallowing.
- Remember, your carbohydrates begin to digest in your mouth and not in your stomach.
- Do not take this step lightly.
Read also:Skin care regime for new mothers!