Parleen Gill – Best Live Performer of the Nation
Parleen started singing at the age of 3 and right from his childhood he started acing Inter School Competitions. He was always upfront and stupendous in sports as well as other extracurricular activities.
Having the desirable and exceptional management skills, Parleen was also the Head Boy of Army Public School Gwalior in class 10th as well as the head boy of Air Force School Ambala Cantt in class 12th.
At the young age of 17 he even represented the state of Haryana in Delhi for a national singing competition organised by Sangam Kala Group.
It was this competition after which he never looked back.
He bagged the Best Solo Singer award at his college fest in 1st year itself.
Next the Idian Idol 2 happened where he reached top 50 in piano round but sadly got rejected.
But it was never his forte to give up so he took it as a challenge to work hard and try again.
Therefore, he took a drop from college for 1 year to prepare day and night for Indian Idol 3 which was yet to happen.
Parleen’s perseverance and commitment was seen in Indian Idol 3 where he competed with many proficient singers and the result is in front of everybody today as he successfully reached top 8 and continues to reach the heights even today.
HERE ARE FEW EXTRACTS FROM THE RENDEZVOUS WE HAD WITH HIM :
Who is your inspiration?
– As a singer :- Kishore Kumar and Lucky Ali , As a performer :- Enrique Iglesias .
What is your family background..?
– My Dad was an Indian Army Officer and mother a professor.
Do u have singing background?
No, I do not have a musical background. Music is a god gift to me, I am the only one into music in my entire family.
Who is your favorite singer ?
– Lucky Ali
What type of Genre you are up-to?
– I do not bound myself into a particular genre . I treat every song according to the emotions and music it deserves .
What kind of music do you like ?
– I like all forms of Music . I listen to Metal, Rock, Rnb ,Pop,Classical, Bollywood and even Regional Music of India.
At what time do you practice?
-The moment i open my eyes in morning,no matter what time it is .
How many hours do you practice?
– Atleast an hour and more daily. .
Are you trained in classical music?
– Yes. Semi classical.
Do you wish to collaborate with International Singer, if yes then who?
– Enrique Iglesias as it is because of him i became a performer. I love him.
At what age you started singing?
– At the age of 3 . Tutak tutak was the first ever song.
Tell us something about your personal life
– I am 30, single , proud owner of 3 houses, 2 cars and 2 bikes , staying alone in Andheri w(Mumbai) , i gym daily , i practice daily and i love to go for movies and clubbing. I am a big time foodie , my family stays in Pune so whenever i have time ,i drive down to Pune.
Advice for upcoming singers
– Work hard , practice daily , be confident even in your body language , be presentable and treat yourself like a celeb ,If you want the world to treat you like one.