“Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!” famed actor Manjot Singh, excited about his upcoming film “Fukrey Returns”, says the Hindi film industry is changing its attitude towards actors with a turban and that the acceptance of Diljit Dosanjh is a prime example.
Read also:Fardeen Khan, wife blessed with son!
- He was 16 when he featured in “Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!” in 2008.
- Also, received a Filmfare Critics Award for the Best Actor category for it.
- Manjot spoke about how his dream is coming true slowly but surely.
- Having made his debut in 2008 with a Dibakar Banerjee film.
- Manjot has worked with filmmakers like Vikramaditya Motwane, Anurag Kashyap, Karan Johar and Tony D’Souza
- For films like “Udaan”, “Student Of The Year” and “Azhar”, apart from “Fukrey” that won him appreciation from the audience.
- Reflecting upon it, he said,”When I started acting in films, I made a wish list of being associated with a film that will become such a big hit that producers will make a sequel of that.
- With ‘Fukrey’, Babaji ne meri sun liya (God heard me). I am so fortunate.”
- Asked if he feels the pressure of having limited roles in the Hindi film industry.
- Because he wears a turban.
- Manjot told: “No, not really, because I can see how things are changing.
- For instance, Diljit paaji is opening the door for us with films like ‘Udta Punjab’ and ‘Phillauri’.
- “People loved him everywhere. So I know, even I will get my share of opportunity, and no, I did not think of cutting my hair or removing my turban for a role.”
He has a new wish:
- “I know I am young and have a long way to go, but I am a huge Diljit Dosanjh fan and I so wish to work with Diljit paaji.”
- Asked if his success and a long list of fan followers made any change in his personality.
- Manjot said: No, I am to an extent like Lali (his character’s name from ‘Fukrey’).
- I am still the simple and to an extent an innocent guy.
- Perhaps that is why I can relate with Lali so much and play him on screen easily.
- But yes, now I have grown up and changes have come not only on my face but also in personality.
- I was a shy child and very introvert as you know, but now I am better… At least I talk if not start the conversation.
- Earlier, I used to observe and listen. I am in a learning process.
Wants to experience more shades of characters:
- As an actor, Manjot wants to experiment with more shades of different characters and he will soon be doing one of such films.
- I personally believe that I can play a serious role, but people mostly offer me comedy.
- Last year, I did a film with Abhay (Deol) sir. I hope that releases soon.
- I have played a very different character from all my previous work.
- The working title of the film is ‘Situation Normal All Fucked Up (SNAFU)’ .
- Where I am playing a different character and the director told me why others have not explored the actor side in me.
- “I just hope the film releases and people get to watch me like that,” said Manjot.
- “Fukrey Returns” will release on December 8.