Comedian Kiku Sharda, who was arrested last year for hurting the sentiments of the followers of Dera Sacha Sauda leader Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, on Wednesday took a dig at the convicted sect chief.
Also read:Kedarnath First Look Poster Out, Feat Sushant Singh Rajput
All about karma:
- Kiku said justice was bound to happen in the case of Ram Rahim, who was
- convicted of for the rape of two female disciples and sentenced to 20 years’ rigorous imprisonment by a CBI special court on August 28.
- At a song launch of the film “2016 The End” here, Kiku was present with
- co-actors Divyendu Sharma, Rahul Roy, Priya Banerjee, Narendra Jha and director Jaideep Chopra.
- The event started with an interactive fun session between Divyendu and Kiku.
- Kiku introduced Divyendu as “He was last seen in Toilet (referring to the film ‘Toilet: Ek Prem Katha’).”
- To which Divyendu responded: “Yes, and you were living in jail.”
- Kiku then quipped: “I went to jail for a day and now sir has gone for 20 years.”
- Divyendu asked what Kiku wants to say by that.
- He replied: “No, no, I am not taking any credit for that.”
Also read:Akshay Kumar is driven and dedicated says Bhumi Pednekar
- When the media asked Kiku to comment on the CBI court’s decision about his imprisonment, he said:
- “Well, things have been proven in the court and now we all know what he did.
- Justice happened and it was bound to happen, it’s karma.
- But whatever violence took place (following Ram Rahim’s conviction) was really sad.”
Also read:Coming up next is late actor Om Puri’s Biopic !
- “We shouldn’t have room for violence, we are peace-loving people, and we should stay in peace.