Barely any prominent ventures have seen the sort of melodic seat being played as compared to Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Padmavati. The film based on Alauddin Khilji’s obsession for Rani Padmini. It was supposed to be his third team up with Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh.
Bhansali approached King Khan
- On Saturday,it was reported that Shah Rukh Khan would replace Ranveer Singh. The reason behind doing so were told to be the allegedly growing differences between Singh and his director.
- Shah Rukh has a close friendship with Bhansali ever since
- Bhansali required a 200 days commitment from SRK .Being quite busy ,Shah Rukh could not commit to the same.
- In addition to which Bhansali then approached another star for Khilji’s part — Hrithik Roshan.
- The status now is that Deepika Padukone is the only confirmed actor for the project.
- Previously, there has been a lot of confusion over who would play her husband in the film. In addition to which both Vicky Kaushal and Shahid Kapoor were accepted to be in the retribution for the piece of Rawal Ratan Singh
- Reports of Hrithik Roshan replacing Ranveer Singh in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s upcoming film, Padmavati, left Hritik amused and annoyed.
- Hrithik, in addition says: “These reports are false and baseless. Why would I be looking at replacing any actor? I’d love to work with Sanjay Leela Bhansali again after Guzaarish (2010). But sorry, this is just someone’s imagination.”
- Bhansali was keen that Hrithik do Bajirao Mastani. But the actor chose to do Ashutosh Gowariker’s film instead.
- In addition to the rumours of Ranveer’s ouster from Padmavati, a source says: “Ranveer is very much playing Allauddin Khilji in the film. We don’t know where these rumours of Mr Bhansali being upset with Ranveer are coming from,”