Bollywood superstar Aamir Khans sports drama “Dangal”, which created records upon its release in India and China, has received a good response in Hong Kong and collected $702,000 in its opening weekend there.
Winning hearts across the word:
- The Nitesh Tiwari directorial released on August 24 in Hong Kong.
- The film collected $85,000 on its opening day and witnessed hike over the weekend by collecting
- $109,000 on Friday, $215,000 on Saturday and $215,000 on Sunday,
- thus taking its cumulative total to $702,000 (including paid previews).
Also read:Aishwarya didn’t interfere in casting: Fanney Khan makers
- “‘Dangal’ is an extremely special film for us, a story that we strongly believed in continues to win hearts across borders.
- “It’s overwhelming that even today nine months after its release in India, the film dominates the box office
- wherever it goes including in new and relatively uncharted waters like in mainstream Hong Kong this weekend.
- It reinstates our belief that a good story, if made well can connect everywhere,”
- Amrita Pandey, Vice President, Studios, Disney India, said in a statement.
Also Read:Now listen Ganesh aarti in Sanjay Dutt’s voice !
- Furthermore, the film, which is based on the life of Mahavir Singh Phogat, an amateur wrestler,
- who trains his daughters Geeta Phogat and Babita Kumari to be world-class wrestlers,
- also features Sakshi Tanwar, Fatima Sana Shaikh and Zaira Wasim.
Also read:I am only focusing on ‘Kedarnath’ says Sushant Singh Rajput.
- “Dangal” currently has an overseas total of $214.57 million and worldwide collection of $295.08 million (including India).
UTTAR PRADESH NEWS की अन्य न्यूज पढऩे के लिए Facebook और Twitter पर फॉलो करें