Pakistani actress Mahira Khan, who made her Bollywood debut with Indian superstar Shah Rukh Khan-starrer “Raees” this year, has said she felt like “being punched in the stomach” when she saw the movie.
Mahira spoke at length about her failures in life during a lecture at a university on Thursday.
- The truth is that we have all gone through failure.
- I have personally as well as professionally experienced failure,Mahira said.
- I was advised by many people to not accept the role in ‘Bol’ (Pakistani film) as it was a small one but my gut feeling told me otherwise.
- Also decided to act in the serial ‘Humsafar’ on my gut feeling.
- There are no repeats of your first film.
- But somehow my name was missed as the ‘Bol’ credits scrolled in front of me.
- Then for ‘Raees’, even though the teaser said ‘introducing Mahira Khan’.
- I felt like being punched in the stomach when there was no such credit in the film itself.
- “Then when it was released, I was banned in India and the film was banned in Pakistan,” added the actress,
- Referring to the unofficial ‘ban’ on Pakistani actors by certain outfits in India after the terror attack at Uri last year.
Failure is knowledge and knowledge is success:
- However, Mahira is not affected with failure.
- It is a big thing to work in a foreign film.
- I pray I get my introducing credit when I work in an Iranian film,she said.
- “Failure is knowledge and knowledge is success. So it is a win-win. We actors know how to paint smiles on our faces and carry on, I did too,” she added.
- Mahira recalled that her grandmother wanted her to opt for medicine as she was good in studies. However, Mahira always harboured dreams of becoming an actor.
- “I was dreaming of wearing a sari and dancing like Madhuri Dixit. Also used to dream of working with Shah Rukh Khan.Furthermore, I did nothing to make it happen. I only dreamed and believed in my dreams,” she said.