Twitter announces 1st worldwide video relay
Twitter on Wednesday announced the world’s first creator-based video relay which will feature more than 24 hours of continuous content from nearly 40 creators across the globe including seven prominent personalities from India.
- “The #EveryCharacterMatters initiative is a perfect example of how fans and artists can collaborate and connect on Twitter.
- Keya Madhvani, Head of Music Lifestyle Partnerships, Twitter India, in a statement.
- Said,”we can’t wait to see what kind of crazy, hilarious, important and diverse stories we get during the #EveryCharacterMatters video relay.”
- The creator-based video relay is the next stage of a creator-centred campaign.
- That was first conceived in India in 2016 to celebrate local creators and users in a week-long live showcase.
- The content created for the video will range from musicians collaborating with their fans on their next track.
- In addition,creators showing the world what makes their city special, and expression about important issues through spoken word.
- Named as #EveryCharacterMatters, the video relay will hit Twitter from 7.30 a.m. in India on Thursday.
- In addition, will begin in Sydney on top of the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- In India, Radio Jockey Malishka Mendonsa will explore hidden parts of Mumbai live on Twitter.
- Also, YouTuber Anisha Dixit aka Rickshawali (@rickshawali) will share a video of herself being remote controlled by her fans’ tweets for the entire day.
- Blogger Nandita Iyer (@SaffronTrail) will poll her fans with #TwitterTadka — a Periscope show where she will ask people to pick a dish via the poll results which she will cook live.
- Tech expert Ashwin (@c4etech) will broadcast live tech reviews as requested by fans on Twitter while TV journalist Jatin Sapru (@jatinsapru) will broadcast live interviews with some of India’s top women cricketers taking Twitter users on tours inside their homes.
- Lyricist Shirley Setia (@shirleysetia) will share some new lyrics and compose a new song live on Twitter and singer Akasa Singh (@akasasing) will conduct a live Q&A with her fans on Twitter.
- Content from Indian creators will begin at 3 p.m. on August 10 and will showcase creators from the world of travel, lifestyle, food, technology, sports and music.
Twitter may bring ‘Night Mode’ to desktops:
- After rolling out ‘Night Mode’ feature for smartphones earlier this year, Micro-blogging platform Twitter may soon bring it to desktops.
- The ‘Night Mode’ has seen on desktop in select users’ accounts, 9To5Google reported on Wednesday.
- This mode gives a dark user interface (UI) to the desktop website, making late-night tweeting easier on the eyes.
- The feature can be accessed by clicking on the profile photo.
- Then the ‘Night Mode’ tab at the bottom of the pop-up menu.
- However, there has been no formal announcement by the company so far.
- According to the report, the feature may soon be rolled out to all users after testing.
- Enjoy Diwali sans guilt - October 17, 2017
- Essentials every man should carry - October 17, 2017
- Right footwear this festive season - October 17, 2017
- Head to toe, go for festive fashion - October 17, 2017
- Day 3: The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Technoites celebrated Pre-Diwali in college campus - October 15, 2017
- Day 2: The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 15, 2017
- Realtooth’s New Branch : Smile like a Boss - October 15, 2017
- Blaze of Art: Handmade Things in this Diwali - October 15, 2017
- The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 15, 2017