Survey: More Indians going online for banking
More Indians are now using a mobile banking app or going online rather than just talking to a banking adviser on phone to address complex issues, a new survey said on Wednesday.
The Survey- Customer Experience in Banking:
- The survey, ‘Customer Experience in Banking’, by global tech company Avaya.
- It covered India, Britain, Australia and the UAE with 5,000 respondents, showed that customers in India were more likely to use a mobile banking app than customers in the other three countries.
- According to the findings, 26% of Indian customers prefer to access services via bank’s website. The same number prefer mobile app rather than talking to a human agent compared to 19 per cent in Australia.
- In addition,21 per cent in Britain and 24 per cent in the UAE.
- The report added that 58 per cent of Indian customers wanted to be alerted about a problematic or fraudulent transaction and 49 per cent want to be alerted when their credit card is up for renewal. This is the highest in all four countries.
- Vishal Agrawal, Managing Director, India and SAARC, Avaya, on the results of survey.
- Said, “today, customers use varied touch-points to access services, be it mobile app, website, contact centre or physical visit to a branch”.
Read also:Lenovo K8 Note launched in India!
- The most important factor for Indian customers is to have issues resolved on the first point of contact, with 37% saying they would change banks after a bad experience, second only to the UAE.
- 25% of Indian consumers are likely to voice their complaints on social media platforms.
- Compared to 15% in the UK, while 44 % would let friends and family know about their issues.
- Customers today are looking for elevated and seamless services, and
- If they don’t get them they will look elsewhere,Agrawal noted.
- While 32 per cent of Indian customers said they have been kept waiting on the phone for lengthy periods.
- In addition,which is more than any other country surveyed.
- 22 per cent said they haven’t experienced any customer service issues, the lowest in all four countries.
- Enjoy Diwali sans guilt - October 17, 2017
- Essentials every man should carry - October 17, 2017
- Right footwear this festive season - October 17, 2017
- Head to toe, go for festive fashion - October 17, 2017
- Day 3: The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Technoites celebrated Pre-Diwali in college campus - October 15, 2017
- Day 2: The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 15, 2017
- Realtooth’s New Branch : Smile like a Boss - October 15, 2017
- Blaze of Art: Handmade Things in this Diwali - October 15, 2017
- The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 15, 2017