Kashbook :: Kashmir Gets its own Facebook
Kashmir got its own Facebook named Kashbook after social media was banned in Kashmir.
The State government on April 26 had issued an order to ban all social media in Kashmir for a period of one month.
The ban includes Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, QQ, WeChat, Ozone, Tumblr, Google+, Baidu, Skype, Viber, Line, Snapchat, Pinterest, Telegram and Reditt.
The government imposed ban on social media websites in Kashmir is entering its third week, and it is uncertain prevails if the ban will be revoked after a month or extended for an indefinite period of time.
the valley has come up with it’s own version of facebook: Zeyan Shafiq, a 16-year-old boy from Anantnag of Kashmir has developed and launched Kashmir’s own social networking website called ‘Kashbook‘
Zeyan Shafiq,has recently finished his 10th standard exams, along with his friend Uzair Jan had created KashBook back in 2013 but decided to relaunch the site after the social media ban.
The website, since its relaunch, has more than 1,000 users who are very happy with its features which allows them to use it the same way like facebook.
An important highlight of this website is that it also has an option for communicating in the Kashmiri language.
The 16-year-old creator wants to use this website to focus and promote goods and services made in Kashmir.
The Kashbook works without a VPN so people in Kashmir can easily use it. Shafiq is also going to launch an iOS app soon.
The growth in users has exploded ever since the social network was relaunched after 2013.
Two days before there were around 130 users and Today it has 1,500-plus users.
Kashbook is giving Verified Badges to Verified Personalities.
On Google play store , its available HERE
The two of them intend never to shut down the website and have no plans to monetize it.
- Abu Dujana Killed in Pulwama Encounter - August 1, 2017
- Terrorists Killed in Encounter At Tahab area of Pulwama ,Kashmir - July 30, 2017
- Syed Geelani owns properties worth crores - July 27, 2017
- Yasin Malik owns half of Srinagar’s Lal Chowk - July 27, 2017
- Zakir Musa and Majid Mir Phone Call redrawing militant alliances - June 27, 2017
- 108 Ambulance Scam : GVK-EMRI presented Manipulating Accounts! - June 14, 2017
- Kashmiri youth joining militancy to impress girls says Danish Ahmed? - June 7, 2017
- PhD, Engineers, MPhil among recruits who joined Terror Groups in Kashmir - June 5, 2017
- Street named after Sabzar Bhat in his village, Kashmir - June 4, 2017
- Chinese helicopter sighted in Indian airspace - June 4, 2017