Facebook tests WhatsApp shortcut in its app
Facebook appears to be testing a new feature which will allow the users to launch WhatsApp directly from its app.
- A dedicated WhatsApp button showed up in the Facebook app of some users on the Android platform.
- In addition,which acted like a shortcut to open the chat app.
- The new button, which can be found in the menu area of the app, is currently available to a few users on the Android version of the app.
- But might be available to some iOS users too.
- There has not been any formal announcement by the social media giant.
- And it is unclear whether it will become available to all Facebook users.
- The feature was first reported by Facebook user Arvind Iyer, who said the new shortcut appeared after he switched the app’s language setting to Danish.
- The company has previously chosen Denmark for other limited rollouts like its standalone video-sharing app “Bonfire”, the report added.
Facebook also working on:
- Facebook is also working on a new feature called “Instant Videos”.
- Furthermore,that downloads Facebook videos while connected with Wi-Fi to help the users save their data.
- The “Instant Videos” would be similar to Facebook’s hosted content format “Instant Articles” that loads faster than mobile websites.
- Enjoy Diwali sans guilt - October 17, 2017
- Essentials every man should carry - October 17, 2017
- Right footwear this festive season - October 17, 2017
- Head to toe, go for festive fashion - October 17, 2017
- Day 3: The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Technoites celebrated Pre-Diwali in college campus - October 15, 2017
- Day 2: The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 15, 2017
- Realtooth’s New Branch : Smile like a Boss - October 15, 2017
- Blaze of Art: Handmade Things in this Diwali - October 15, 2017
- The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 15, 2017