Facebook introduces ‘Watch’, a new video platform!
In an apparent bid to take on Google-owned YouTube, Facebook has rolled out ‘Watch’,a redesigned video platform for creators and publishers.
The social media giant last year launched ‘Video’ tab in the US which offered a predictable place to find videos on Facebook.
Director of Product:
- Daniel Danker, Director of Product at Facebook wrote in a blog post on Wednesday.
- Now we want to make it even easier to catch up with shows you love. We’re introducing ‘Watch’, a new platform for shows on Facebook. ‘Watch’ will be available on mobile, on desktop and laptop and in our TV apps,”
- Shows are made up of episodes live or recorded and follow a theme or storyline.
- “To help you keep up with the shows you follow, Watch has a ‘Watchlist’ so you never miss out on the latest episodes,” she added.
- The shows available include “Nas Daily”, “Gabby Bernstein” and “Kitchen Little”.
- “Nas Daily” publishes a daily show where he makes videos together with his fans from around the world.
- Gabby Bernstein, a New York Times bestselling author, uses a combination of recorded and live episodes to connect with her fans and answer questions in real time.
- Tastemade’s “Kitchen Little” is a funny show about kids who watch a how-to video of a recipe, then instruct professional chefs on how to make it.
- Facebook has also signed a deal with Major League Baseball to broadcast one live game per week.
- “To help inspire creators and seed the ecosystem, we’ve also funded some shows that are examples of community-oriented and episodic video series,” Facebook said.
- “We’ll be introducing ‘Watch’ to a limited group of people in the US and plan to bring the experience to more people soon,” it added.
- Enjoy Diwali sans guilt - October 17, 2017
- Essentials every man should carry - October 17, 2017
- Right footwear this festive season - October 17, 2017
- Head to toe, go for festive fashion - October 17, 2017
- Day 3: The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Technoites celebrated Pre-Diwali in college campus - October 15, 2017
- Day 2: The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 15, 2017
- Realtooth’s New Branch : Smile like a Boss - October 15, 2017
- Blaze of Art: Handmade Things in this Diwali - October 15, 2017
- The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 15, 2017