Apple partners LG Display for foldable iPhone
As Samsung plans to launch a bendable smartphone “Galaxy X” in 2018, Apple has reportedly begun work on a foldable iPhone with LG Display.
According to a Report:
- Apple has decided to go with LG and not Samsung (Samsung OLED displays are the best in the industry).
- Owing to the fear that specifications could be leaked as Samsung is its arch rival.
- LG Display recently created a task force to develop a foldable OLED screen for the new iPhone model, the report said.
- The foldable iPhone panel production could start from 2020.
- LG has reportedly completed its own foldable OLED panel prototype and has been upgrading the durability and the yield rate.
- The company recently started its first OLED production for phones at its E5 plant in Gumi, North Gyeongsang Province.
- Apple is also considering investing in LG to speed up OLED production.
- Meanwhile, Samsung is exclusively supplying panels for the latest iPhone X — the first OLED iPhone.
- In 2017, Samsung will hold approximately 89 per cent of the AMOLED (active matrix OLED) display panel market.
- Currently, some smartphones that feature OLED screens are iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S8+.
- In addition,Samsung Galaxy Note 8, OnePlus 5, LG V30 and Vivo X9s.
- The Samsung “Galaxy X” is likely to make an appearance during the CES consumer technology show in January.
- Enjoy Diwali sans guilt - October 17, 2017
- Essentials every man should carry - October 17, 2017
- Right footwear this festive season - October 17, 2017
- Head to toe, go for festive fashion - October 17, 2017
- Day 3: The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Technoites celebrated Pre-Diwali in college campus - October 15, 2017
- Day 2: The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 15, 2017
- Realtooth’s New Branch : Smile like a Boss - October 15, 2017
- Blaze of Art: Handmade Things in this Diwali - October 15, 2017
- The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 15, 2017