Supportive partner leads to success!
The support you get from your spouse or partner may determine your personal growth and psychological well-being, a study suggests.
According to a Study:
- The findings showed a supportive spouse encourages his or her partner to embrace life opportunities.
- In addition, by expressing enthusiasm about the opportunity.
- While also reassuring and talking about the potential benefits of taking on the challenge.
- The spouses who accepted challenges showed an increase in their personal growth.
- Furthermore, happiness, psychological well-being as well as had a better relationship.
- “Significant others can help you thrive through embracing life opportunities or they can hinder your ability to thrive by making it less likely that you will pursue opportunities for growth,” said expert.
- The team brought 163 married couples into the lab.
- In addition,gave one member of each couple a choice.
- Either solve a simple puzzle or they were given an opportunity to compete for a prize by giving a speech.
- The researchers then recorded the couples’ interactions as they decided whether to take on the challenge.
- Participants with more encouraging partners were substantially more likely to decide to compete for the prize.
- While those with partners who discouraged them or expressed a lack of confidence more often chose the simple puzzle.
- Six months later, those who pursued the more challenging task reported having more personal growth.
- In addition, happiness and better relationships than those who did not.
Read also:Men gain weight after marriage!
- Enjoy Diwali sans guilt - October 17, 2017
- Essentials every man should carry - October 17, 2017
- Right footwear this festive season - October 17, 2017
- Head to toe, go for festive fashion - October 17, 2017
- Day 3: The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Technoites celebrated Pre-Diwali in college campus - October 15, 2017
- Day 2: The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 15, 2017
- Realtooth’s New Branch : Smile like a Boss - October 15, 2017
- Blaze of Art: Handmade Things in this Diwali - October 15, 2017
- The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 15, 2017