If good care is not taken, monsoon can be a bad sign for your silver jewellery. To keep your silver shining bright, store it in a cool and dry place. You can also place a piece of chalk or a container of silica gel in the storage area, say experts.Read also:http://www.uttarpradesh.org/lifestyle/fitness-tips-monsoon-dont-let-fit-mode-dry-28108/
Some tips by experts:
- Due to its properties, silver is more prone to the effects of moisture causingit to tarnish and oxidise, so it's important to store it at dry locations.
- Try placing them in silica gel bags as they absorb moisture in theenvironment and prevent them from blackening.
- Store your jewellery in separate bags.
- These bags need to breathe so preferably cotton ones.
- And avoid using paper tissues to dry the jewellery as the fibers can scratchthe surface.
- Store your silver jewellery in an area with low humidity, and also keep theclosures and clasps unhooked so that they don't rub with each othercausing damage, especially in the monsoon season where they aresurrounded by humidity and moisture in the air.
- Remove your jewellery before going to shower or even before washingyour hands.
- Avoid wearing jewellery before heading outdoors while it is raining.
- Silver has a tendency to turn black in monsoon so to clean your silverjewellery, wash it using toothpaste and a soft cotton cloth or you can cleanit with warm water and dry it with clean cotton.
- Prefer a jewellery box with soft interior.
- And hard exterior to keep your silver pieces as it provides adequateprotection to them.
- Furthermore, it will protect your jewellery against the outer pressure.
- Also saves the articles from being scratched and preserves the original shine.