Drinking matcha tea is actually the consumption of whole tea leaf as it is ground into a fine powder, giving the person drinking it 100 per cent nutrients of the leaf.Read also:Why you should drink green tea?
- Tea is certainly not foreign to Indians,but the novel varieties being offered nowadays.
- In addition, from green, white, and now matcha are adding to the list of superfoods.
- The brand new entrant in the market, matcha tea, is a concentrated form of green tea.
- Green tea is traditionally known to induce mental clarity.
- Furthermore,cognitive function, physical activation and relaxation.
- Matcha, which is the ground-up form of green tea (and looks like Henna powder), is used in the Japanese tea ceremony.
- Drinking matcha tea is actually the consumption of whole tea leaf.
- As it is ground into a fine powder, giving the person drinking it 100 per cent nutrients of the leaf.
- Although it has its roots in China, and later spread to Japan through Zen Buddhists.
- In addition,it is now found almost everywhere, and is frequently referred to as a ‘mood- and- brain’ food.
Principles of Matcha tea:
- The two active principles of matcha tea include ‘L-Theanine’ and ‘EGCG (a catechin)’.
- The expensive and high-grade matcha tea has the greatest percentage of L-theanine.
- It has found to boost working memory, enhancing brain cognitive function.
- Caffeine content of matcha tea is also higher than that of green tea (about 35mg per cup).
- This may also contribute to its alertness-enhancing properties.
- Matcha tea is grown in the shade.
- Once harvested, it is steamed to prevent oxidation, and to maintain its green colour.
- Studies have shown that matcha has greater potential benefits than other green teas, owing to the levels of antioxidants.
- High antioxidant content translates to better protection against the formation of free radicals, which can damage tissues and cells.
According to study:
- As per a study reported consuming matcha tea can increase thermogenesis from a normal 8%-10% of daily energy expenditure.
- In addition,to between 35% and 43% of daily energy expediture.
- This can certainly be an advantage to weight watchers.
- A teaspoon of matcha, added to your day’s list of superfoods, can certainly help health and well-being, both physical and mental.