Get the motif story on ethnic wear this festive season
From traditional motifs to gota work to floral prints, play with different patterns on saris and dupattas to lay a style statement this festive season, say experts.
Experts list down some trends that are in:
- For kanjiveeram, go for temple design, wide border, gold checks or stripes, parrots, elephants, and peacocks.
- Off-white and black will also look good.
- For Banarasi, you can go for a cutwork or jamdani tissue, with a delicate touch of gold.
- And self colour jaal or butis all over, and classic ambi koniyas in the corners of the pallu.
- You should go for delicate pastel colours like pink, jade green, aquamarine, and lime yellow.
- If you have bandhani tie-dye, then you have the choice of going traditional, with a classic bridal red and gold chequered gharchola design.
- Or some of the newer ones which are being done in contemporary layouts and colours.
- Pick kora sari for exquisite richness with ghani booti.
- The detailing with such innovative eye for weaving will surely make an impression.
- Another trend is fine and intricately woven gota work, which looks gorgeous and is an essential for all attires.
- For handwoven dupattas, patola and gota work is something to look forward to this festive season.
- Chanderi with traditional motifs like birds, peacocks, flora and geometric patterns is a classic, and can never go wrong.
- Enjoy Diwali sans guilt - October 17, 2017
- Essentials every man should carry - October 17, 2017
- Right footwear this festive season - October 17, 2017
- Head to toe, go for festive fashion - October 17, 2017
- Day 3: The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Technoites celebrated Pre-Diwali in college campus - October 15, 2017
- Day 2: The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 15, 2017
- Realtooth’s New Branch : Smile like a Boss - October 15, 2017
- Blaze of Art: Handmade Things in this Diwali - October 15, 2017
- The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 15, 2017