Don’t punish but nourish yourself this Diwali
Diwali brings with it immense joy but this happiness turns into guilt after having festive sweets and savouries. In this air of festive vibes, everyone gets involved in bingeing and later all this bingeing turns into weight, calories, and sugar worries — but enjoy the festival with no regrets this season.
Experts share mindful steps to have guilt-free Diwali.
- No matter what you are eating, eat small bites, relish the taste, it will last longer and control your urge to take another piece.
- Try eating homemade laddoos made from jaggery and dry fruits as they control your calorie intake.
- Also, note that high sugar intake can put extra burden on your liver.
Read also:Brands keep festive spirit high on Durga Puja
Portion control is the key:
- Small portions fit in small plates.
- It is important to keep a check on the quantity of food you consume and your daily calorie intake.
- Along with this, try to avoid a second helping.
Read also:Eat protein thrice a day to stay stronger
Increase your water intake:
- Stay hydrated with low caloric smoothies, juices, coconut water.
- Keep water infused with lime, mint, berries, cucumber and any other citrus fruit of your choice and sip throughout the day.
Walk when you shop:
- Walk off the shopping and trips to the parties.
- You burn off 200 calories in just 30 minutes.
- If it is difficult to hit the gym, no worries!
- Take the stairs, do a couple of stretching exercises at your desk, skipping, the list is endless!
Read also:Get perfect Pearl white smile of the blushing bride!
Plan your dinner:
- If you have already consumed a lot of calories during the day, make sure
- You can either have a glass of milk, buttermilk, cold coffee, fruit salad or try some low carb fat-free foods.
- Enjoy Diwali sans guilt - October 17, 2017
- Essentials every man should carry - October 17, 2017
- Right footwear this festive season - October 17, 2017
- Head to toe, go for festive fashion - October 17, 2017
- Day 3: The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Technoites celebrated Pre-Diwali in college campus - October 15, 2017
- Day 2: The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 15, 2017
- Realtooth’s New Branch : Smile like a Boss - October 15, 2017
- Blaze of Art: Handmade Things in this Diwali - October 15, 2017
- The District Level Kho-Kho championship 2017 - October 15, 2017